Skip to main content

Geelani to move court against calendars’ seizure

 KNS Srinagar, Dec;condemning the raid on news agencies and arrest of the owners, Hurriyat conference (G) chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani today said that he would file a case against the minister of state for Home, Home secretary and Director General Police in the High Court of Jammu and Kashmir. 
Geelani accused the police of raiding and arresting persons of seven news agencies and seized ten thousand copies of Tehreek e Hurriyat calendars. He was addressing a press conference at his residence hyderpora here. He also said these tactics would not affect in ongoing freedom struggle and asserted he would carry his mission. 
“If I will be alone in this struggle, but I will carry it forward and will never surrender before government and the occupying forces,” he asserted in his speech.
He also said that the freedom movement is not only his duty to carry it but a part of his faith. “We are publishing our calendars for past many years but this year police seized these calendars. They have arrested seven news agency owners, even they arrested the book sellers and their employees,” he alleged.
He said that the calenderers gave the message of peace, about Islam and freedom. He also said that the calendar contains Quranic verses and Saying of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him). He also alleged that the dairies had been also seized and the residences of the members of the Tehreek e Hurriyat had also been raided and calendars were seized from them.
He also alleged that the valley has become police state and the police had been using its power on the innocent people to keep them away from the freedom struggle. He, however, said that they cannot kill the sentiments from the hearts of the people. He also said that he had conducted a survey where 83 percent people of the state want freedom from the occupation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of boycott by media avoids a piquant situation, comes as a relief

GNS Jammu  Feb. 29, :  A strange situation which was unfortunately created by an affront by Presiding Officer of J&K Assembly to 4 th  Estate has finally been brought to close with media persons ending their protest. Peoples Democratic Party in the wake of this development expresses strong hope that not only will such piquant scenes be avoided. But it should augur well for the relationship of legislature and the  media.as  the latter ‘s role of public awareness and prevention of abuse in state-functioning cannot be underestimated. In a press statement a party spokesman said that PDP has always stood for free battle of ideas in which media has a significant place and they did not deserve the treatment that they met on publishing received information on alleged scams and misuse of authority by government functionaries and politicians .  The spokesman said when media rose against excessive behavior and uncalled for remarks  taking a princi...

Contact district administration if CRPF personnel indulge in excesses: Div Com

We are bound to taking action against erring CRPF personnel” DC Srinagar GNS Srinagar, March 07 : Coming down heavily on unbridled CRPF personnel for ransacking houses and religious places, Divisional Commissioner Kashmir, Dr Asghar Samoon Thursday appealed people to contact District administration in case CRPF personnel indulge in ransacking houses in any area. Meanwhile Deputy Commissioner Srinagar, Baseer Ahmed Khan said that he will look into the matter and will try to find out where ransacking has taken place.“Strict action will be taken against the erring CRPF personnel. I fail to understand how they act independently when standard operating procedures (SOP) have been set for them. I want to assure people that whosoever indulge in excesses will face the music,” Divisional Commissioner told adding that police in no way should give free hand to CRPF personnel.When asked that CRPF personnel ransacked the Batamaloo shrine, beat people and smashed window panes in Dhobi Mohalla and...

Corruption, attachments force DC Doda to order closing of Govt High School Gosti

By Tahir Mushtaq There is an old deep rooted nexus of corrupt clerks, which is active in ZEO and CEO offices and proving hindrance in the way to state government in its resolve to improve educations system in the Government schools.  The Chief Minister (CM), Omar Abdullah, himself is holding the charge of Education Department, some sort of drastic changes are expected and required to root out the nexus of corrupt clerks in education system otherwise, like Govt High School Gosti, other schools will have to be closed sooner or later.  GNS JAMMU, Apr 20: Unchecked corruption in education system and frequent attachments of teachers flouting all the set norms, by the officials of Zonal Education Office (ZEO) Thathri under the protection of Chief Education Office (CEO) Doda have forced the Deputy Commissioner (DC) Doda Farooq Ahmed Khan to order closure of a Government High School Gosti in view of extreme decline in students enrolment from over 150 last year to just 26 at...