Skip to main content

Allah is pleased with you and is angry with your two companions

“Allah willed to test three Israelis who were a leper, a blind and a bald headed man. So, he sent them an angel who came to the leper and said, ‘What thing do you like most?’ He replied, ‘Good colour and good skin, for the people have a strong aversion to me.’ The angel touched him and his illness was cured, and he was given a good colour and beautiful skin. The angel asked him, ‘What kind of property do you like best?’ He replied, ‘Camels’ so, he was given a pregnant she-camel, and the angel said to him, ‘May Allah bless you in it.’
The angel then went to the bald-headed man and said, ‘What thing do you like the most?’ He said, I like good hair and wish to be cured of this disease, for the people feel repulsion for me.’ The angel touched him and his illness was cured, and he was given good hair. The angel asked him, ‘What kind of property do you like the best?’ He replied, ‘Cows or Camels’. The angel gave him a pregnant cow and said, ‘May Allah bless you in it’.
The angel went to the blind man and asked, ‘What thing do you like best?’ He said, I like that Allah restore my eyesight to me so that I may see the people.’ The angel touched his eyes and Allah gave him his eyesight. The angel asked him, ‘What kind of property do you like best?’ He replied, ‘Sheep’. So he gave him a pregnant sheep.
Afterwards, all the three pregnant animals gave birth to young ones, and multiplied and brought forth so much that one of the three men had a herd of camels filling a valley, and one had a herd of cows filling a valley, and one had a flock of sheep filling a valley.
Then the angel, disguised in the shape of appearance of a leper, went to the leper and said, ‘I am a poor man, who has lost all means of livelihood while on a journey. So none will satisfy my need except Allah and then you. In the Name of Allah Who has given you everything such nice color and beautiful skin, and so much property, I ask you to give me a camel so that I may reach my destination.’ The man replied, ‘I have many obligations (so I cannot give you),’ The angel said, I think I know you. Were you not a leper to whom the people had a strong aversion? Weren’t you a poor man, and then Allah gave you (all this property).’ He replied, ‘(This is all wrong) I got this property through inheritance from my forefathers.’ The angel said, ‘If you are telling a lie, then let Allah make you as you were before.’
Then the angel, disguised in the shape and appearance of a bald man, went to the bald man and said to him the same as he told the first one did, and he too answered the same as the first one did. The angel said, ‘If you are telling a lie, then let Allah make you as you were before.’
The angel, disguised in the shape of a blind man, went to the blind man and said, ‘I am a poor man and a traveller, whose means of livelihood have been exhausted while on a journey. I have nobody to help me except Allah, and after Him, you yourself. I ask you in the Name of Him Who has given you back your eyesight to give me a sheep, so that with its help, I may complete my journey.’ The man said, ‘No doubt, I was blind and Allah gave me back my eyesight. (I was poor and Allah made me rich); so take anything you wish from my property. By Allah, I will not stop you for taking anything (you need) of my property which you may take for Allah’s sake.’ The angel replied, ‘Keep your property with you. You (i.e. three men) have been tested and Allah is pleased with you and is angry with your two companions.” [Bukhari]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact district administration if CRPF personnel indulge in excesses: Div Com

We are bound to taking action against erring CRPF personnel” DC Srinagar GNS Srinagar, March 07 : Coming down heavily on unbridled CRPF personnel for ransacking houses and religious places, Divisional Commissioner Kashmir, Dr Asghar Samoon Thursday appealed people to contact District administration in case CRPF personnel indulge in ransacking houses in any area. Meanwhile Deputy Commissioner Srinagar, Baseer Ahmed Khan said that he will look into the matter and will try to find out where ransacking has taken place.“Strict action will be taken against the erring CRPF personnel. I fail to understand how they act independently when standard operating procedures (SOP) have been set for them. I want to assure people that whosoever indulge in excesses will face the music,” Divisional Commissioner told adding that police in no way should give free hand to CRPF personnel.When asked that CRPF personnel ransacked the Batamaloo shrine, beat people and smashed window panes in Dhobi Mohalla and

PCC General Secretary Vinod Sharma met Div. Com. Apprised about the problem of electric supply in Jammu city.

 GNS  Jammu , June 05:  A deputation led by PCC General Secretary Mr. Vinod Sharma met the Divisional Commissioner Jammu and apprised him about the problem of electric supply in Jammu city. Mr. Sharma said that there are long cuts in the electric supply in the urban areas of Jammu especially in Jammu East and Jammu West. He said that the children and old aged are falling ill due to long cuts in electric supply during scorching heat. He said that the scheduled fixed by the department for power cuts i.e three hours for metered areas and eight hours for non metered areas stands no were. There are long scheduled and unscheduled power cuts and people are facing great hardships. Divisional Commissioner Jammu gave patient hearing to the deputation and assured them that he will look into the matter personally and keep in touch with the concerned authorities for regular supply of electricity. The deputation consists  of Pt. Jagan Nath Sharma, Mohammad Sakinder Khan, Jai Paul, Susheel S

PDP Legislature Party concerns over, prevailing situation in Kashmir Valley

GNS  Jammu, March  07: Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has expressed serious concern over the indiscriminate arrest and other coercive measures resorted to by the government in an unsuccessful effort to quell protests in Kashmir. PDP legislators met here under the leadership of party president and head of the Legislature Party lead er Ms Mehbooba Mufti today and condemned the mindless and directionless approach of the State Government. PDP president said that the reign of terror has been unleashed on the people who are forced to live the life under constant siege.She said that the forum of Assembly has unfortunately been undermined by the present dispensation headed by Omar Abdullah and voice of the people was muzzled in a brazen manner.The legislators present in the meeting said that the people of Kashmir are being pushed into uncertainty by the callous and insensitive government, which they said thrives on this. They said that hundreds of people, young and old, are picked up in diff